Episode 06 What are Values and Why are they Important?
Knowing what you want your family to be known for is an important part of creating a thriving family culture. Another critical component is determining your values and living according to them.
In this episode you'll hear:
- What family values are.
- Why family values are so important.
- How you can determine your family values.
Family values are the things that you believe are important in the way you work and live.
You should identify your values because:
- Knowing your values and intentionally honoring them in your life will give you a sense of purpose.
- A sense of purpose, rooted in your values, allows you to weather the hard times and navigate struggle.
- When something comes up you already know what you believe. You don’t have to think about how you are going to respond because you can rely on your core values - You are prepared.
- The better you know yourself and what you believe, the more you will be able to espouse that value.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN KIMBERLY'S POST ON THE TOPIC:
Want to start cultivating your family's culture?
I have created a Core Values Kit that will walk you through the process of determining your values. You can download it for free HERE.
Be sure to subscribe to the show in iTunes or your favorite podcast app so you never miss an episode. We’d love for you to help us get the word out about The Family Culture Project by sharing the show with a friend.
Reviews help podcasters get their show noticed. If you are enjoying the show, please take a moment and leave one in iTunes. Thanks!
To learn more about the Family Culture Project go to www.thefamilycultureproject.com